Saturday, January 21, 2012

HOW WE ACT IN THE HEAT OF THE MOMENT

Someone cuts you off while driving, your local supermarket is out of the item you need, the customer service rep is from India and cant speak English, your spouse misunderstands what you say, the kids interrupt a conversation , you spill coffee on your white shirt at work , you hit a pothole way too fast, you get the idea. You are never prepared for these moments , they all take you by surprise so when they occur you are not prepared and what happens? I'M UPSET!!! I'M ANGRY!!!! Then 2 minutes later I'm sorry ..... That was stupid - How could I react that way to such a small thing. You then remember the sin nature that never goes away and pray for more grace. I praise God when He helps me catch myself from slipping in these unexpected moments. As many resolutions you make you still do it again the next time. What do you do to prepare yourself for the unexpected situations that set you off. Constant contentment..... If you have no expectations of what should be you are not surprised at the unexpected.... and lots of prayer.
OUCH !!!!!! I just stubbed my toe!@%@!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment